Mapping the Route
To guide us throughout this strategic action plan, UT AgResearch has established a Faculty Innovation Council that will work in concert with a strategic action plan program director. The council will collect input on priorities from faculty or programs they represent, and serve as a “think tank” for the AgResearch Leadership Team by identifying and discussing emerging science/trends as well as perceived gaps in proposed efforts. The council will elect officers, and members will serve limited, staggered terms. Together with the Faculty Innovation Council, the strategic action plan program director will:
- Monitor and summarize progress.
- Coordinate reporting.
- Track communication activities.
- Finalize integrated project plans with an implementation team.
- Schedule regular programs with stakeholders (updates to UTIA leadership, department heads, faculty) to highlight progress and receive feedback.
- Initiate lunch-and-learn sessions to foster interaction between faculty with competitive grant success and junior faculty.
- Explore new methods to foster a culture of “team research” at UTIA.