Skip to content
> UTIA Greenhouses: User Responsibilities
UTIA Greenhouses: User Responsibilities
PRIOR to Move-in:
- Contact the Greenhouse Manager if there are ANY modifications to the plans described in your space application
- Provide the Greenhouse Manager with your plant management plan for pest prevention and control.
– Do you know which pests affect your crop?
– How will you manage your bay to keep plants pest-free?
– What you will do in case of an outbreak?
- All greenhouse users (faculty, staff, students) attend orientation with the Greenhouse Manager
All Greenhouse Users are Obligated to:
- Read and sign greenhouse policies
- Attend one greenhouse orientation with the Greenhouse Manager
- Supply all of their own project materials such as containers, labels, soil
- Keep bay clean during project, including sweeping on a weekly basis
- Be responsible and courteous to others by maintaining a pest-free environment
- Report any building malfunctions or problems to the Greenhouse Manager
- Discuss any plant or project concerns with the Greenhouse Manager who will gladly offer assistance
By Project Completion or 2 Weeks Prior to Expiration of Assignment:
- Clean bay, empty closet and cabinets, and return all greenhouse keys to the greenhouse manager
- General cleaning is expected, such as
– Floors swept
– Ledges hosed off
– Benches washed (no need to break down benches- just leave assembled and intact)
– All plant debris removed from the floor and floor drain